Cooking big cuts of meat for the Holidays is par for the course this time of year. Whether is a Rib Roast or something even bigger, it’s the time of year for big roasts. But maybe you can switch it up a little bit. Why not try this American Wagyu Beef Tenderloin with Red Wine Onions from Mishima Reserve?
Sponsored by Mishima Reserve
American Wagyu Beef Tenderloin
This massive beef tenderloin from Mishima Reserve is tender, juicy and does not take hours to cook like the other massive cuts. Instead, you can grill this over an open fire in less than 30 minutes. The first step is to get it tied properly. Here are a couple tutorials on tying out a beef tenderloin like this.
How to Seasoning the Beef Tenderloin
Next, you need to season the beef tenderloin with salt and pepper. Let it rest in the fridge for 30 minutes to let the seasoning adhere to the meat better. Once its seasoned right, you can grill it over medium-high heat for 30 minutes until it is perfect. Let it rest in a room temperature cooler for 12 minutes at the end to help redistribute the juices.
Red Wine Onions Dish
What helps add more flavor than onions? These red wine onions are super simple as well. They are packed full of dijon mustard, garlic, thyme, onions and red wine. The add a nice little acidic flavor to that beef tenderloin to cut through its savoriness. Speaking of beef, have you tried Mishima Reserve?
So what is Mishima Reserve?
Mishima Reserve is a high quality American producer of Japanese Heritage breed Wagyu beef of the Kuroge Washu Bloodlines. They are naturally raised with a focus on reducing their carbon footprint by maintaining high quality standards and practices. In the end, their beef is born & raised responsibly in the USA by the best ranchers across the Northwest & Rocky Mountains.
America makes Wagyu Beef?
Yes we do and it is amazing… Mishima Reserve is just one of many great producers of American Wagyu Beef. They, however, have had years of learning all the in’s and out’s to maintaining and evolving American Wagyu Beef—making wagyu more accessible (and more affordable). So try my new American Wagyu Beef Tenderloin with Red Wine Onions this Holiday Season. You won’t regret it!
Oh and use OVERTHEFIRECOOKING when checking out at Mishima Reserve for 15% off your sale!
This article does contain affiliate links to products that we personally use and support. Purchasing an affiliate product does make us a small commission at no cost to you. This helps us continue creating for our website. All words and opinions are our own, and we appreciate your support!
Crush this Holiday grilling season with this Wagyu Beef Tenderloin with Red Wine Onions entree. Perfect for any party or any size!
- 1 Mishima Reserve American Wagyu Whole Beef Tenderloin trimmed & wrapped
- Fresh Cracked Pepper
- Coarse Sea Salt
- Avocado Oil
- Melted Butter
- 1 White Onion sliced
- 5 Cloves of Garlic finely chopped
- 2 tbsp of Thyme Sprigs
- 2 tbsp of Dijon Mustard
- ¼ cup of Red Wine
- Salt & Pepper
- Avocado Oil
- Parsley chopped
- Build a medium-high heat fire for direct grilling.
- Lather the tenderloin in oil then season with salt & pepper. Place in fridge and let seasoning set for 30 minutes.
- Place tenderloin over fire and let cook until internal temperature is 117F (about 30 minutes). Make sure to rotate every 5 minutes to prevent burning. Also, baste in melted butter for the last 10 minutes for additional crust.
- As steak is cooking, push to one side of the grill and preheat your cast iron. Add oil to skillet as it preheats. Once hot, add garlic and let brown for 2-3 minutes. Add onions, thyme, dijon mustard, red wine, salt and pepper. Stir occasionally and let cook till soft (about 8 minutes).
- Once steak is done, pull off grill and let rest in a cooler for 12 minutes.
- Once rested, top steak with onions and chopped parsley.
- Slice, serve & enjoy!