We all need a hearty breakfast. Something to really wake us up in the morning before we kick off the day. This Breakfast Skillet Platter is your ticket! It gives you enormous amounts of food with some delicious flavor, all thanks to my secret weapon: BUSH’S® Baked Beans.
Sponsored by BUSH’S® Beans
How do we make a Breakfast Skillet Platter?
We start this Breakfast Skillet Platter by conquering the hardest thing to cook on the ingredients list: potatoes. Potatoes take a hot sec to cook over fire, so we are going to add them to the skillet first along with some salt, pepper and garlic. You can never go wrong with some SPG on anything, and these potatoes are not complaining about the seasoning. Fry these guys up till golden brown, then we will move onto the meat.
We are going to grill up some of the chorizo sausages, bacon and mushrooms. Season the mushrooms with a little SPG and brown sugar to get a nice caramelized finish on the outside. Once this is all cooked up, we are going to fire up the BUSH’S Original Baked Beans!
Now, the BUSH’S Original Baked Beans only need a little heat and smoke to get to a nice warm temperature before they are ready to serve. As we toss in the eggs to the skillet, we will place another skillet into the coals with the Baked Beans. This will give the beans for the Breakfast Skillet Platter enough time to warm up while the eggs fully cook. Once all of that is done, we are ready to eat!
Why should I add BUSH’S Original Baked Beans?
The funny thing about some of the most delicious meals you have eaten is that they do not always make sense. Like sugar on bacon, these BUSH’S Baked Beans round out the whole Breakfast Skillet Platter by giving you a nice sweet & smokiness to a crispy & savory dish. They are the perfect complement to any breakfast platter, because we all crave something a little sweet in the morning. Make sure to try BUSH’S Original Baked Beans as that’s my favorite with this recipe.
In the end, we are going to devour some delicious breakfast food cooked over the fire. Try out this awesome Breakfast Skillet Platter asap by checking it out below. Don’t forget to grab yourself some BUSH’S Original Baked Beans too, as it’s the perfect sweetness to your morning jumpstart.
This article does contain affiliate links to products that we personally use and support. Purchasing an affiliate product does make us a small commission at no cost to you. This helps us continue creating for our website. All words and opinions are our own, and we appreciate your support!
Breakfast Skillet Platter
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1 1/2 cups golden potatoes diced
- 1 Tbsp Kosher salt
- 1 Tbsp black pepper
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 4 chorizo sausage links
- 4 slices of thick bacon halved
- ¼ cups mushrooms
- ½ to mato sliced
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 4 farm fresh eggs
- 2 Tbsp parsley finely chopped
- 1 can any size Original BUSH’S ® Baked Beans
- Preheat fire to medium-high temperature about 375F. Set the large cast iron griddle or skillet over fire.
- Add oil to the skillet along with potatoes.
- In a small bowl, mix together salt, pepper and garlic powder. Dust potatoes mixture. Cook about 10 minutes or until golden brown on the outside.
- Next, add chorizo or sausage links to the skillet. Cook about 5 minutes until crispy on the outside and fully cooked inside. Season mushrooms with salt, pepper and garlic mixture and add brown sugar. Add bacon slices, mushrooms and tomatoes. Cook bacon to preference.
- In a separate skillet, add BUSH’S Original Baked Beans and set next to fire to warm for about 3 minutes. Once bubbling, remove from heat.
- Spread potatoes making a large divot in the skillet. Making sure plenty of hot oil in the middle of the potato hole. Add cracked eggs into the middle and fry to preference.
- Remove the skillet off heat and let rest for 1 minute. Serve the whole skillet topped with some chopped parsley, alongside BUSH’S Baked Beans,. Enjoy!