Cooking lamb steaks has become one of my favorite meats to grill over fire. A lot of people sometimes forget how delicious American lamb can actually be! It is not “gamey” or different tasting. It is hearty, zesty and full of great flavor!
Post Sponsored by The American Lamb Board
It just so happen to be Lamb Lover’s Month right now, so I invited some friends over to enjoy the wonderful flavor of American lamb with this Herb Butter American Lamb Steaks recipe.
How to Cook these Lamb Steaks
Grilled right over the fire and seasoning with only salt & pepper, this recipe is a sure fire win for those that long for hearty meat from the great USA. The twist with this recipe is the herb butter. You will make your own homemade herb butter sauce to go on top of the lamb steaks while they are resting. This zesty and tangy butter sauce will help the lambs natural flavors come to the forefront of the palate.
A little bit of thyme, rosemary, garlic and black pepper are all combined into this herb butter mixture that you can honestly put on top of an cut of American lamb. After you lather the meat in butter, you will squeeze some lemon over top and slice into your steaks. Make sure to push out some of that bone marrow that is still inside the center bone of the meat. Add it to some of your bites for an extra kick in flavor as well!
All in all, make sure to find some local American lamb and make this recipe with your family & friends!
Herb Butter American Lamb Steaks
American Lamb Steaks Ingredients:
- 4-6 American Lamb Steaks
- Salt & Black Pepper to taste
Herb Butter Ingredients:
- ½ cup of unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 tbsp of rosemary chopped
- 1 tbsp of thyme chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic chopped
- 2 tbsp of lemon juice
- 1 tbsp of whole black pepper
- Salt to taste
- In a bowl, add all the ingredients for the Herb Butter and mix thoroughly. Place in fridge and let cook until 15 minutes before cooking.
- Pull out American Lamb Steaks and season thoroughly with salt & black pepper.
- Build a fire in your grill or fire pit for direct cooking. Make at medium to medium-high heat.
- Place American Lamb Steaks on the grill and let cook for about 4-5 minutes per side or until the internal temperature hits 130-135F for medium rare.
- While steaks are cooking, preheat a skillet for the butter over the fire. Add butter to the skillet and cook until it is fully melted.
- Pull steaks off grill and brush Herb Butter over the top of them while they rest for 4-5 minutes. Squeeze some extra lemon juice on top, slice into steaks and enjoy!
This article does contain affiliate links to products that we personally use and support. Purchasing an affiliate product does make us a small commission at no cost to you. This helps us continue creating for our website. All words and opinions are our own, and we appreciate your support!