Beer makes everything better. Its cool, refreshing and has a fantastic flavor. Full of nutty, sweet and floral essences that compliment all fire grilled foods. But have you ever cooked with it? Yes you can definitely drink it with your BBQ Chicken, but what if all of the flavor that you loved about beer enhanced your BBQ Chicken? I am talking Beer Marinated BBQ Chicken Drumsticks!
Post Sponsored by Stanley PMI
Beer and BBQ Chicken!
Lets make some Beer Marinated BBQ Chicken Drumstick
I teamed up with Stanley to find out just that! Using their amazing Base Camp Cook Set, I grilled some Beer Marinated BBQ Chicken Drumsticks to find out if beer really does make everything better. Oh, I also made sure to pack one of their Go Series Ceramivac Growler & Steins so I could enjoy some beer while cooking. What? I’m not a heathen…
**NOTE: Use the code “overthefirecooking” on Stanley’s website for 30% off + free shipping!**
Go Series Ceramivac Growler & Stein
RELATED RECIPE: Try my Tequila Lime Wings for more wing flavor!
First I added beer to a mixture of herbs and spices that would marinate with the chicken for 4 hours.
This will help the meat to absorb as much of the flavor from the brew as possible. Then, using the Base Camp Cook Set skillet, I grilled the Beer Marinated BBQ Chicken Drumsticks over a hot fire, drenched them in BBQ sauce + Honey, and seared them till they were nice and crispy.
What did I find?
Well you’ll have to try the recipe out for yourself and see! However, I will say that there was not chicken left on my plate after that cook…
Whatever you decide, make sure to be cooking in the backwoods over fire with the Stanley Base Camp Cook Set & Ceramivac Growler/Stein. These are definitely a must with the Beer Marinated BBQ Chicken Drumsticks!
NOTE: Use the code “overthefirecooking” on Stanley’s website for 30% off + free shipping!
Its time to eat!!!
Beer Marinated BBQ Chicken Drumsticks
- 4 Chicken Drumsticks
- 1 cup of your favorite BBQ Sauce
- 1/2 cup of Honey
- 12 fl oz of your favorite beer
- 2 tbsp of Chipotle Powder
- 1 tbsp of Garlic Powder
- 1 tbsp of Black Pepper
- 1 tbsp of Lemon Juice
- 1 tbsp of Butter
- 1 tbsp of Salt
- Cilantro for garnish
- In a bag, add chicken, chipotle powder, garlic powder, black pepper, lemon juice, salt and beer. Mix thoroughly so evenly coated and place in fridge to marinate for 4 hours.
- Using charcoal or wood, safely create a fire for direct grilling
- From your Stanley Base Camp Cook Set, pull out the skillet and spatula. Add skillet to fire and preheat for 2 minutes.
- Add butter to skillet and let melt. Once melted, take chicken out of bag and add to skillet. Throw away marinade. Let chicken cook for about 20-25 minutes over fire or until internal temperature is 165F.
- Once done, pull chicken off skillet and add to the Stanley Base Camp Pot. Add BBQ sauce and honey to chicken. Mix until thoroughly coated.
- Add chicken back to skillet and let caramelize the outside layer for another 2-3 minutes.
- Pull chicken off skillet, add cilantro if desired, pour a mega pint of beer into the Stanley Cermivac Stein from the Growler and enjoy!
This article does contain affiliate links to products that we personally use and support. Purchasing an affiliate product does make us a small commission at no cost to you. This helps us continue creating for our website. All words and opinions are our own, and we appreciate your support!