I have been on a coffee steak rub kick lately. Honestly, finely ground coffee is one of the most amazing things to have on a steak. It is sweet, savory and full of flavor that you cannot get from most seasonings. This Chipotle Coffee Rub Steak & Eggs Skillet is no exception.
Post Sponsored by GoRVing.com
Lets Talk Coffee Rub Steak & Eggs
This coffee rub steak is super easy to make for people whose life is on the road. Most of the ingredients can be found in a common RV kitchen! I made the steak rub into a breakfast skillet as well because I always wanted to try coffee rub steak in the morning. Turns out it pairs really well with eggs, potatoes and more coffee!
First you are going to cook the potatoes in the cast iron over the fire. Potatoes take about 10-15 minutes to fully cook. Moreover, you will put that skillet to a multi-purpose use. As the potatoes are finishing, you will add the steak to one side of the skillet and cook till its done. As the coffee rub steak is cooking, I topped my potatoes with some eggs and then covered the skillet. Cook for another 5 minutes and everything should be ready to go!
Only tip here is to pull that coffee rub steak off of the skillet once it is done. If you let it rest for 5-8 minutes, then you will keep the juices inside from cooking fully. Top you Chipotle Coffee Rub Steak & Eggs Skillet with some parsley and you are ready to eat! Enjoy!
Related Recipe: Try another breakfast skillet!
Chipotle Coffee Rub Steak & Eggs Skillet
Steak & Eggs Ingredients
- 2 NY Strip Steaks
- 1 ½ cups of Golden potatoes diced
- 2 fresh eggs
- 2 tbsp of Chipotle Garlic Rub
- ¼ cup of parsley chopped
- 1 tbsp of Butter
- Olive Oil
- Parsley to serve
Chipotle Coffee Rub Ingredients
- 1 tbsp of Sea Salt
- 1 tbsp of Chipotle Powder
- ½ tbsp of finely Ground Coffee Beans
- ½ tbsp of Black Pepper
- ½ tbsp of Brown Sugar
- 2 tsp of Garlic Powder
- Build a medium-high heat fire for direct grilling. Add skillet to fire 1 minute before cooking to pre-heat.
- Add olive oil, potatoes and my Chipotle Garlic Rub to skillet and let cook for about 10 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Season steaks with olive oil and Chipotle Coffee Steak Rub. When potatoes are half way done, push to one side and add steaks to skillet. Cook for about 4 minutes per side.
- When steaks are flipped, make 2 divots in the potatoes. Add butter to the divots, and crack the eggs inside. Let cook for 4 minutes. Cover skillet it needed.
- When steaks are done, remove from skillet and let rest for 8 minutes. Top the eggs & potatoes with parsley and salt. Slice steak, serve and enjoy!
This article does contain affiliate links to products that we personally use and support. Purchasing an affiliate product does make us a small commission at no cost to you. This helps us continue creating for our website. All words and opinions are our own, and we appreciate your support!