Cheese is the key to life. It is so delicious and amazing, that it was hard not to make these Parmesan Herb Pork Loin Skewers. Using half of a pork loin, we made garlic herb marinated steaks that we skewered and cooked over the fire. Adding a dusting of parmesan cheese over top right at the end was the ideal ending. Let’s jump right in!
Let’s Marinate these Parmesan Herb Pork Loin Skewers
The first thing that I did for this recipe was slice up the pork loin. I grabbed myself half of a whole pork loin (those things are massive) and sliced it down the middle length-wise. I did this because I wanted smaller pieces for the skewer, but you are welcome to keep it whole then slice into steaks.
Next, I sliced the pork loin into steaks for these Parmesan Herb Pork Loin Skewers. I then added the pork loin into a food safe bag along with the Garlic Herb Marinade. If you don’t have my Garlic Herb Seasoning, then grab some here. If you just want to use any herb based seasoning for this, then feel free.
Placed the skewers into the fridge to marinate overnight or for at least 4 hours. Next, let’s skewer and get the fire going.
Prepping for the right Fire
The next day, I pulled out the pork loin and discarded the excess marinade. I skewered the steaks on making sure the fat cap was facing out so that it would render nicely. Once I was all ready to go, I started pre-heating the fire.
The key for these Parmesan Herb Pork Loin Skewers is to not cook over too high of heat. Flames will cause flare ups on these skewers, so try to wait until the fire is in coals. Once ready to cook, add the skewers on and cook for about 7-8 minutes per side until it was 145F internal.
Right when you are about to pull off, coat the outside of the skewers in grated parmesan. Let each side roast for 30-60 seconds and then pull off.
Time to eat!
When your Parmesan Herb Pork Loin Skewers are done, I pull them off the skewers and slice them. Serve with some chimichurri or something spicy! This recipe is a great showstopper for any backyard barbecue. Cheers!
Parmesan Herb Pork Loin Skewers
- ½ of a Whole Pork Loin trimmed
- ½ cup of Grated Parmesan Cheese for crust
Garlic Herb Marinade:
- ¼ cup of Garlic Herb Seasoning or any Herb Seasoning
- ⅛ cup of Red Wine Vinegar
- 2 tbsp of Dijon Mustard
- 1 Lemon juiced
- 1.5 tbsp of Canola Oil
- Slice your pork loin down the middle lengthwise then slice each side into two inch thick steaks. Place the pork loin steaks into a food safe bowl or bag along with the Garlic Herb Marinade. Mix it together thoroughly and place it into the fridge to marinate for 4 hours but ideally overnight.
- The next day, take out the pork loin and discard the marinade. Add the pork loin onto skewers with the fat cap facing out so that it can render.
- Preheat your fire for medium-high temperature (around 375F). Wait for the fire to become coals so that you prevent flare ups.
- Add your skewers over the fire and cook for about 7-8 minutes per side until they reach about 145F internal. Right before they are done cooking, cover them in the grated parmesan on both sides. Let the cheese cook over the coals for 30-60 seconds to caramelize, then pull the skewers off to rest for 2-3 minutes.
- Once rested, pull the steaks off the skewers and slice into them. Enjoy!