With the weather beginning to heat up again, it is time to start making more summer styled recipes! These Spicy Shrimp with Pineapple Aioli from Anchored Shrimp are just the ticket. Hailing from Brunswick, GA, these fresh caught wild shrimp were sent to me to make something delicious over fire. Let’s dig in!
Sponsored by Anchored Shrimp
About Anchored Shrimp
This is some of the best wild caught shrimp I have ever had. As said before, Anchored Shrimp comes from the coast of Georgia and only harvests the wild fresh delicious shrimp. They are highly versatile whether you are making tacos or just grilling over some hot coals. For these though, I seasoned them in a spicy shrimp mix and topped with a cooling aioli to finish.
The Spicy Shrimp Seasoning
There are a ton of ways to season shrimp. Whether you want zesty, savory or spicy shrimp, you will end up with something delicious. These Spicy Shrimp with Pineapple Aioli from Anchored Shrimp were seasoned with a great blend of ancho chile powder, cumin, onion powder, garlic powder, cinnamon, pepper, cayenne and salt.
The heat comes from the blending of ancho chile powder and cayenne. Some zesty tang comes from the cumin, onion and garlic powder to give a nice depth of flavor. Overall these are relatively mild in the spicy category, but these spicy shrimp will still give you a kick if you let your guard down.
Pineapple Aioli Time
So why top these Spicy Shrimp with an aioli? Well, the nice fruity citrus flavor from the pineapple combined with the creaminess of the mayonnaise will help to calm your taste buds after a big bite of spiciness.
The Pineapple Aioli is a great blend to place on just about anything needing to curb some heat. These Anchored Shrimp are delicious when topped with the aioli along with some sesame seeds and scallions!
Time to Eat these Spicy Shrimp
Getting delicious and fresh seafood is hard to find something, but having Anchored Shrimp in your arsenal will help you overcome that. Try these Spicy Shrimp with Pineapple Aioli over the fire soon and get ready for summer.
This article does contain affiliate links to products that we personally use and support. Purchasing an affiliate product does make us a small commission at no cost to you. This helps us continue creating for our website. All words and opinions are our own, and we appreciate your support!
Spicy Shrimp with Pineapple Aioli
- 1 lbs of Anchor Shrimp
- Sesame Seeds for garnish
- Scallions for garnish
- 1.5 tbsp of Ancho Chile Powder
- 1 tbsp of Cumin
- 2 tsp of Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp of Onion Powder
- 1 tsp of Black Pepper
- 1 tsp of Cayenne Powder
- 1 tsp of Cinnamon
- 1 tsp of Sea Salt
- ¼ cup of Mayonnaise
- ¼ cup of Pineapple cubed
- ¼ cup of Cilantro
- 4 Garlic Cloves
- ½ Jalapeno sliced
- 2 Limes juiced
- Combine ingredients for spicy seasoning and mix with Anchored Shrimp. Place in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- Add to a blender pineapple, cilantro, garlic cloves, jalapeno, and lime juice. Blend until smooth and combine with mayonnaise. Add to the fridge until shrimp are done.
- Using lump charcoal, light and preheat for 15 minutes. Pour coals into the grill and place into one pile for direct cooking. Once you have a medium high heat (about 350F), add skillet with oil to preheat 2-3 minutes before cooking.
- Add shrimp to skillet and cook until they start to look “C” shaped or about 3-4 minutes. Once done, pull off and place on a plate.
- Top cooked shrimp with sesame seeds, scallions and drizzle with Pineapple Aioli. Enjoy!