If you are looking for a delicious but quick recipe, then these Teriyaki Bourbon Steak Skewers are it. Savory, sweet with a nice smoky finish. Let’s dive right in!
Why Teriyaki Bourbon?
Teriyaki and bourbon are a great flavor combo for many reasons. The biggest is that we all love savory and sweet together.
Whether it is Maple Chili Bacon Wrapped Wings or Rum and Cola Shrimp, the combination of savory and sweet make a great explosion on your flavor palate. For this recipe, we chose Teriyaki Bourbon because of the saltiness of teriyaki but the subtle caramel sweetness of classic bourbon.
In the marinade, we will add the teriyaki sauce, rice white vinegar for a slight tang, classic Kentucky bourbon, lime juice and canola oil. Let that marinate on top of some filet mignon for 30 minutes in the fridge and you are ready to go!
After they have marinated, I will place these Teriyaki Bourbon Steak Skewers onto the… skewer. Season them up using any beef seasoning that you like! I prefer to use my Peppercorn Mesquite Lager seasoning. Set them in the fridge until you have gotten your fire ready.
Setting up the Fire for the Teriyaki Bourbon Steak Skewers
Once the steak is marinated and set up on the skewers, let’s get the fire rolling. I like to make a direct fire for these skewers, however there are a few little twists.
First off, I try to avoid using a grill grate with my skewers. Grill grates are an amazing tool for cooking over fire; however, they are not the most ideal for these Teriyaki Bourbon Steak Skewers because the seasoning will fall right off into the fire.
To avoid this, I try to set it up where I can “lean” the skewers over the coals. One way of doing this is setting up bricks on your grill or firepit where the coals are between them. The brick hold the ends of the skewers when equal distance apart.
The fire will slightly roast the outside of the skewers to make an amazing crust full of delicious flavor.
Let’s eat some Teriyaki Bourbon Steak Skewers
In the end, you can make these Teriyaki Bourbon Steak Skewers anyway that you like! Just make sure to marinate them in the Teriyaki Bourbon sauce and roast them over hot coals. Find the whole recipe below! Cheers!
Teriyaki Bourbon Steak Skewers
- 4 Filet Mignons cubed
- 2 tbsp of Mesquite Peppercorn Lager Seasoning
- Yum Yum Sauce for garnish
- Sesame Seeds for garnish
- Scallions for garnish
Teriyaki Bourbon Marinade:
- ¼ cup of Teriyaki Sauce
- ¼ cup of Rice Wine Vinegar
- 2 tbsp of Bourbon
- 1.5 tbsp of Mirin
- 2 Limes Juiced
- 1.5 tbsp of Oil
- In a bowl or bag, add your steak. Mix together the teriyaki bourbon marinade and pour over top of the steak. Cover and let marinate in the fridge for 30-45 minutes. When done, pull steak out and place on skewers. Season up with the Mesquite Peppercorn Lager seasoning or any beef style seasoning. Set in the fridge until ready to use.
- Preheat your fire using the direct cooking method (ideally with the skewers leaning over the fire and not on a grill grate). Set to a high temperature of 400F.
- Place your skewers over the fire and cook for about 3 minutes per side until they reach 120F internal for medium-rare. Once done, pull off and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Garnish the top of your skewers with sesame seeds, scallions and yum yum sauce. Slice, serve and enjoy!