On today’s menu, we have Italian Sliders. However, they’re not just any ole Italian sliders because we’re adding a punch of spice to ours! All you have to do for these insanely good Spicy Italian Sliders is cook up the sausage and build the sliders. To take things up a notch, take part in Slider Sundays using King’s Hawaiian Sweet Rolls!
Believe it or not, this simple Italian sliders recipe only takes 20 minutes of prep time and 1 hour of cooking time, and then you’ll be ready to serve four people!
Post Sponsored by King’s Hawaiian.
Table of Contents
Why You’ll Love These Italian Sandwich Sliders
Slider sandwiches are simple appetizers that never fail to be a crowd pleaser! Soft rolls paired with delicious meats and melty cheese make for the perfect party appetizer. Plus, it’s also an easy recipe to assemble that’s extremely customizable and can be adapted to any cravings you might have!
Nothing makes sliders more appealing than King’s Hawaiian Slider Buns! The spiciness of the Italian sausage, saltiness of the prosciutto, savoriness of the cheese, and sweetness of King’s Hawaiian rolls all balance each other so well. It’s one of the many reasons why this Italian slider recipe is a personal favorite of mine.
Spicy Italian Sliders Ingredients
To make this easy appetizer, you’ll need King’s Hawaiian Slider Rolls, ground spicy Italian sausage, sliced mozzarella cheese, sliced prosciutto, sliced salami, sliced coppa, Calabrian pepper oil, marinara sauce, and pesto sauce.
You’ll brush some homemade garlic butter over the tops of the buns, made out of clarified butter, minced garlic, chopped parsley, and grated parmesan cheese.
How to Make Easy Italian Sliders
To make this perfect appetizer, begin by preheating your grill to medium high heat (about 350F) for direct cooking. Then, put your cast iron skillet to the grill to preheat for 5 minutes.
Next, add your spicy ground Italian sausage to the skillet to cook until fully done (about 8-10 minutes). Once the ground sausage is done, drain off the excess fat and set to the side.
Pull your King’s Hawaiian Slider Rolls out of the packet and slice in half so there’s a top and bottom.
Grease a foil sheet pan and place the bottom of the sweet Hawaiian rolls into it. Begin building your mini sandwiches with a layer of mozzarella cheese slices, marinara sauce, spicy ground sausage, more cheese, prosciutto, salami, coppa, calabrian pepper oil, more cheese, pesto sauce and the top of the buns.
In a small bowl, mix together the melted butter, minced garlic and chopped parsley. Brush the butter sauce over the top of the rolls then add grated parmesan on top.
Heat your grill to medium heat (300F) for indirect cooking.
Add the sliders to the grill on the cool side to cook for 15-20 minutes or until the sliders are golden brown. Then, pull them off to let rest at room temperature.
Finally, slice the sliders up, serve with marinara for dipping and enjoy!
Italian Sliders Tips and Tricks
This delicious recipe is not very complex, but there are a few tricks to making these Italian sandwiches. First, you have to make sure to grease the foil bin. You do not want your slider rolls sticking to the bottom of the foil pan!
You also have to make sure to create a base layer of cheese. This helps prevent the sauces from making the slider rolls soggy.
Finally, you’ll want to make sure to use low fat skim mozzarella cheese rather than full-fat mozzarella. This will help it melt better.
How to Store Leftovers & Reheat
Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator and enjoy for up to 3 days. Reheat in the oven on a baking sheet for best results.
What to Serve with Hawaiian Roll Sliders
The perfect way to turn these sliders into an easy meal is to add tasty sides. A crisp salad with Italian dressing, some potato chips, and some soda will turn the sliders into a filling meal.
If salty salami or spicy Italian meat aren’t your top picks, feel free to substitute your favorite meats instead.
Deli meats like ham or turkey work great in sliders, and are great options if you’ll have some picky eaters present. You can even do half and half so you can enjoy hot Italian sliders on one side and ham or turkey on the other. This will ensure everybody else can also enjoy the meal.
I love to have a variety of sauces on these sliders, but if you want to just pick one, feel free to just include your favorite. Marinara and pesto will both taste great on their own if you don’t prefer to have both of them together.
Get The Cookbooks!
Flavor X Fire & FOOD X Fire
All the major tastes—salty, sour, sweet, bitter, and umami—are explored in depth, along with an investigation of other components you should consider when it comes to flavor, such as aroma, heat, and texture.
- 1 pack King’s Hawaiian Slider Rolls
- 1.5 lbs Ground Spicy Italian Sausage
- 18-20 Sliced Mozzarella Cheese
- 3-4 Sliced Prosciutto
- 5-6 Sliced Salami
- 5-6 Sliced Coppa
- 2 tbsp Calabrian Pepper Oil
- 2 tbsp Marinara Sauce
- 2 tbsp Pesto Sauce
- 3 tbsp Clarified Butter
- 1 tbsp Minced Garlic
- 1 tbsp Chopped Parsley
- 1 tbsp Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Begin by preheating your grill to medium high heat (about 350F) for direct cooking.
- Add a cast iron skillet to the grill to preheat for 5 minutes.
- Add your spicy italian sausage to the skillet to cook until fully done (about 8-10 minutes).
- Once done, drain of excess fat and set to the side to cook off.
- Pull your Kings Hawaiian Slider Rolls out of the packet and slice in half so theres a top and bottom.
- Grease a foil sheet pan and place the bottom of the slider rolls into it.
- Begin building your sliders with a layer of mozzarella cheese, marinara sauce, spicy ground sausage, more cheese, prosciutto, salami, coppa, calabrian pepper oil, more cheese, pesto sauce and the top bun.
- In a bowl, mix together the butter, minced garlic and chopped parsley.
- Brush the butter mixture over the top of the rolls then add grated parmesan on top.
- Heat your grill to medium heat (300F) for indirect cooking.
- Add the sliders to the grill on the cool side to cook for 15-20 minutes or until the sliders are golden brown.
- Pull off and let cook once done.
- Slice the sliders up, serve with marinara for dipping and enjoy!