Skip the veggie trays and take your appetizer game up a notch with these Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Sliders!
These deliciously cheesy sandwiches are loaded up with tender shreds of flavorful buffalo smoked chicken, melty Monterey jack cheese, and a three-ingredient garlic butter glaze.
They’re made up of a few basic ingredients that create a sweet, spicy, cheesy, and delicious appetizer. And they’re ready with just 10 minutes of prep.
Chicken for Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Sliders
First, we prep the chicken breast for our cheesy buffalo chicken sliders. The key here is a low and slow start for an ultra-tender texture!
So, start by preheating your Oklahoma Joe’s Bronco Drum Smoker to 275-300ºF. Add a dutch oven to the smoker, allow it to warm up for a couple of minutes, then add in the chicken, buffalo sauce, chicken broth, salt, pepper, and garlic.
Cover the dutch oven, close the lid on your smoker, and cook for 3-4 hours. I recommend checking at 3 hours and cooking longer as needed. The chicken is done when it is easily shreddable. Allow the chicken to rest for 5 minutes before shredding it. This gives the moisture and flavor time to distribute throughout the meat.
Now, we shred. I recommend doing this right in the braising liquid to keep the chicken nice and moist. I usually use two forks to pull the chicken apart but you can get messy and use your hands. No judgment here.
Garlic Butter Glaze
I didn’t know that cheesy buffalo chicken sliders could get any better. But then, I added garlic butter glaze.
Folks, this three-ingredient glaze is the sauce you didn’t know these chicken sandwiches needed. And it’s ridiculously simple to make. Just melt butter in a bowl, mix it with garlic paste, and parmesan cheese, and it’s ready to go.
Make Your Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Sliders
Next, it’s time to assemble our sliders! First, grab your Sweet Slider Rolls. Use a knife to slice the set of rolls in half. You want the top rolls to be separate from the bottom rolls, but the individual rolls in each layer should still be attached.
Place the bottom layer of rolls into a foil bin or skillet. Then, top that with a layer of Monterey jack cheese followed by a layer of your shredded buffalo chicken…and of course another layer of Monterey jack cheese because you can never go wrong with more cheese. We have to live up to the “cheesy” in the recipe name. Next, set the layer of top buns onto the otherwise assembled sliders. Then, add on the prepared garlic butter glaze.
Before you cook again, increase the heat in your smoker to 350-375ºF and place the foil bin with the sliders in it onto the smoker. Next, cook them for another 10-12 minutes or until they’re nice and golden-brown slightly crispy on top.
Now, we serve! First, let the sliders cool for a couple of minutes. Then, slice and serve them up with ranch or blue cheese dressing.
Lastly, eat up!
Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Sliders
- 3-4 Chicken Breast
- 1.25 cup Buffalo Sauce
- 1 cup Chicken Stock
- 1 tbsp Kosher Salt
- 1 tbsp Black Pepper
- 2 tsp Garlic Powder
Garlic Butter Glaze:
- 4 tbsp Melted Butter
- 1 tbsp Garlic Paste
- 1 tbsp Parmesan Cheese
- 12 Sweet Slider Rolls one pack
- 2 cups Shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
- Ranch or Blue Cheese for dipping
- Preheat your Oklahoma Joe's Bronco Drum Smoker to 275-300F for indirect cooking. Add a dutch oven to the smoker to heat up for 2-3 minutes.
- Once the dutch oven is warm, add your chicken breast, buffalo sauce, chicken broth, salt, pepper and garlic to the pot. Cover the dutch oven and close the lid on the Smoker. Staying at 275-300F continuously, cook your chicken until it becomes easily shreddable (about 3-4 hours). When the chicken is done, pull it off and let it cool for 5 minutes, then using some forks or your hands shred the chicken in the buffalo braising sauce.
- While keeping the rolls together, slice your Sweet Roll Sliders in half so there is a top side and bottom side. Add the bottom side into a foil bin or cooking safe skillet. Add a layer of monterey jack cheese to the rolls, top that with your shredded buffalo chicken, finish with another layer of cheese and the top part of the buns. In a bowl, melt some butter and mix with the garlic paste and parmesan cheese. Gently spread the melted butter over the top of the rolls.
- Kick up the heat in your smoker to 350-375F, and add your sliders in the foil bin on to the smoker to cook until they are golden brown & crispy (about 10-12 minutes). Once done, pull the sliders off and let cool for 2-3 minutes.
- Slice your sliders apart, serve with ranch or blue cheese and enjoy!