Spending time with family is the true reason for the season. This year, I have gotten to spend a ton more time with my dad cooking outside. He is the original griller in my family. Having him cook with me is always so fun, because he tends to show me little tips and tricks that even I have not learned – and having two sets of hands helps speed up the cooking process, because you don’t want to be cooking away while the rest of the family is having fun. That is why this year, my dad & I teamed up and took it to another level when we made this Eckrich Smoked Sausage Cheesy Breakfast Skillet.
Sponsored by Eckrich
This breakfast skillet is so legit because you can cook it so fast, you won’t miss out on any of the holiday action. Cook it in under 30 minutes with the help of some family members, and you will be back to opening presents or singing carols in no time. Plus, who doesn’t love a great breakfast?
The true key to this dish is Eckrich Polska Kielbasa Skinless Smoked Sausage Rope. It livens up any dish with its signature flavor and you are able to cook it quickly! We mixed our Eckrich Smoked Sausage into a cheese sauce with heavy cream, sharp cheddar cheese, and flour. It makes for an awesome & explosive topping to the breakfast skillet.
This breakfast skillet is made with onions, peppers, and hash browns. Cooked until they are crispy, the hash browns are then topped with a bunch of eggs to feed the whole family. Cover that in the Smoked Sausage cheese sauce and you will bring joy to the world.
The memory of eating this Smoked Sausage Breakfast Skillet is just one simple, yet great moment during the crazy holiday season; however, making it with my dad was the true gift. Being able to bring fire, food, and people together is what makes this time of year worthwhile. So, get outside, start your fire, grab some Eckrich Smoked Sausage and start cooking.
For recipe inspiration, product information, and where to buy, visit www.Eckrich.com.
This article does contain affiliate links to products that we personally use and support. Purchasing an affiliate product does make us a small commission at no cost to you. This helps us continue creating for our website. All words and opinions are our own, and we appreciate your support!
Smoked Sausage Breakfast Skillet
Smoked Sausage Cheese Sauce Ingredients:
- 1 package Eckrich Polska Kielbasa Skinless Smoked Sausage Rope cut into quarters
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 tbsp flour mixed with 1 tbsp of water
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Parsley to garnish
Breakfast Skillet Ingredients:
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- ½ red onion diced
- 1 poblano pepper diced
- 2 cups hash browns
- 5-6 farm fresh eggs
- Avocado oil
- Preheat your fire to a medium-high heat. Add your cast iron pan over the fire 2 minutes before cooking.
- In the first skillet, add oil and garlic cloves. Let brown for about 2 minutes. Next, add in red onion and poblano pepper. Cook for 2 minutes until softened. Next, add hash browns and cook until crispy (about 8-10 minutes). When hash browns are to your liking, push all to one side of skillet or make a hole in the middle. Add eggs and cover the skillet with tin foil, while adding some small coals on top of the foil. Cook to your preference, then pull off and let rest in a cooler or in your oven (that is turned off).
- Let the second skillet preheat over the fire. Add your quartered Eckrich Smoked Sausage to skillet. Sauté for 3-4 minutes or until crispy brown. Next, add heavy cream, cheese, and flour mixture. Stir frequently until sauce is smoothly mixed and thick. Top with salt & pepper and pull off fire.
- Spoon over your egg skillet with the Eckrich Smoked Sausage cheese sauce, top with parsley, and enjoy!
Derek is the driving force behind Over the Fire Cooking. He started cooking with live fire in 2016 and decided to start a social media page so his friends and family could follow the journey. Fast forward to today and Over the Fire Cooking has spread across multiple platforms with millions now following Derek’s fire cooking journey. He’s a southern fellow who enjoys everything from classic BBQ to Central and South American inspired dishes. Whatever he’s cooking up, it’s guaranteed to be so freakin’ delicious!