Steak for breakfast? Yeah, that’s something I can get behind. This Steak and Eggs with Charred Scallion Chimichurri is made with juicy steak, tender chunks of potato, and fluffy scrambled eggs all topped off with homemade charred scallion chimichurri.
Enjoy this delicious meal for breakfast, lunch, dinner, or all three! I wouldn’t blame you!
Prep the Steak and Potatoes for Steak and Eggs with Charred Scallion Chimichurri
We’ll kick this recipe off with 3-4 steaks. I prefer to use either NY strips or ribeyes, but other types will work as well. Just use whatever works best for you!
First, prep the steaks by lathering them thoroughly with a layer of canola oil. Season each generously with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
Next, prep the potatoes, because steak and eggs with charred scallion chimichurri are even better with potatoes. Trust me. Chop the potato of your choice into cubes and then place the cubes into a bowl. Drizzle them with oil, and toss with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and smoked paprika.
Looking for more ways to enjoy potatoes with your meal? Check out my Savory Steak and Potatoes or Chipotle Espresso Crusted Ribeyes with Potatoes!
Let’s Get Cooking!
Next, we’ll cook our steaks. Preheat your fire for direct cooking at a medium-high heat of around 375ºF. Add the seasoned steaks onto the grill and cook them over the flames for 3-3.5 minutes per side. Pull them off of the grill when they reach an internal temperature of 120ºF, then allow them to rest for 15 minutes to give the juices time to settle into the meat. Remember, as with any other recipe, we don’t want to slice into them too soon or we’ll lose all that flavor and moisture.
Meanwhile, char the scallions on the grill. To do so, simply add them to the grill and let them cook for 2-3 minutes or until they’re cooked to your liking. Next, pull them off and set them aside while you prep the rest of your Steak and Eggs with Charred Scallion Chimichurri.
Now we’ll circle back to our potatoes. First, add a cast-iron skillet to the grill and preheat it with a drizzle of canola oil over the fires. Next, add the potato chunks and cook them for roughly 15 minutes or until softened. Stir frequently so they don’t burn!
Next up, the eggs! You can cook them right in the skillet with the potatoes. Simply push the potatoes off to one side, add butter and oil to the skillet, and heat the eggs until they’re cooked to your liking.
If you love eggs as much as I do, you’ll love my Bourbon Prime Steak and Eggs or my Cherry Chipotle Ham Steak and Eggs!
Make Charred Scallion Chimichurri for Your Steak and Eggs
Since you’ve already charred the scallions, this charred scallion chimichurri really just requires you to toss everything together!
Chop the root bulb off of the charred scallions, slice them into thin pieces, then add them to a bowl with cilantro, diced red onions, minced garlic, red wine vinegar, red chili flakes, olive oil, and salt.
Mix together to get it all nice and combined, then set aside.
If you love chimichurri, you’ll love my Spiced Lamb Kebabs with Mint Chimichurri or my Rotisserie Leg of Lamb with Chimichurri Sauce.
Serve the Steak and Eggs with Charred Scallion Chimichurri
And now, of course, we serve!
First, slice the steak up, then serve it with the potatoes and eggs topped off with a generous spoonful of the chimichurri.
Breakfast has never looked this good!
For more delicious recipes, check out my second cookbook Flavor X Fire or my first cookbook Food X Fire!
Needing more spice in your life? My spice line can help with that. Check them out here.
Full Length Recipe Video on Facebook!
Steak and Eggs with Charred Scallion Chimichurri
- 3-4 Steaks preferably NY Strips or Ribeyes
- 3-4 Fresh Eggs
- 1.5 tbsp Kosher Salt
- 1.5 tbsp Black Pepper
- 1.5 tbsp Garlic Powder
- 1.5 tbsp Canola Oil
Charred Scallion Chimi:
- 4-5 stalks of Scallions
- 2 tbsp Chopped Cilantro
- 1.5 tbsp Finely Diced Red Onions
- 1.5 tbsp Minced Garlic
- 1.5 tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Red Chili Flakes
- Olive Oil as needed
- Salt as needed
- 2.5 cups Chopped Potatoes
- 1.5 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1.5 tsp Black Pepper
- 1.5 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1.5 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 2 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 1.5 tbsp Canola Oil
- Lather your steaks with oil and season thoroughly with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Add some oil to your cubed potatoes and season with salt, pepper, garlic and smoked paprika.
- Preheat your fire for direct cooking at medium high heat (around 375F).
- Add your steaks to cook over the flames for 3-3.5 minutes per side or until they reach 120F internal. Once the steaks are done, pull them off and let them rest for 15 minutes. Once the steaks are done, add your scallions to the grill and char them (about 2-3 minutes). Once they are charred pull them off and set to the side.
- Add a cast iron skillet to preheat over the fire with a little canola oil for 1 minute. Once nice and hot, add the potatoes to cook for about 15 minutes making sure to stir frequently. When the potatoes are softened, push to one side of the skillet and add butter and oil to the empty side. Add your eggs to the skillet and let cook to your desired doneness. Once done, pull the skillet off and let cool for 2-3 minutes.
- For the charred scallion chimichurri, take your charred scallions and chop off the root bulbs and begin slicing into thin pieces. Add your scallions to a bowl along with the rest of the chimichurri ingredients. Mix and set to the side.
- Slice your steaks up and serve with the potatoes, eggs and top with the Charred Scallion Chimichurri. Enjoy!
What is the one post portable grill you are using? Great video and recipe!