These Elote Style Chicken Wings are a delicious meaty twist on a traditional Mexican street food. Tender grilled chicken wings are tossed in a creamy chili lime sauce using the new Primal Kitchen Squeeze Mayonnaise, then topped with fresh grilled corn, cotija cheese, and more!
This easy recipe makes the perfect summertime finger food.
Post Sponsored by Primal Kitchen
Marinate the Wings for Elote Style Chicken Wings
First, make sure your chicken wings are separated into flats and drums for the Elote Style Chicken Wings.
Next, in a food-safe bowl, mix together canola oil, chile con limon seasoning, lime juice, salt, pepper, garlic powder, ground cumin, white sugar, and cayenne pepper.
Add in the chicken and mix thoroughly to coat, then cover the bowl and place it in the fridge for anywhere from 2-4 hours. Remember, the longer the Elote Style Chicken Wings have to marinate, the better the flavor of the meat. And we all love as much flavor as possible!
Grill the Chicken
So, next up: grilling our Elote Style Chicken Wings!
First, preheat your grill to a medium-high temperature of about 350ºF for direct cooking. Add the chicken wings onto the grill and cook them for roughly 8-10 minutes on each side. After 8 minutes per side, use a meat thermometer to check that the temperature is 175ºF, then add time as needed!
Pull the cooked chicken off of the grill and let them rest for 10 minutes.
Grill the Corn
Next, it’s time to grill the corn, because Elote Style Chicken Wings just aren’t the same with grilled corn!
First, lather your corn with oil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Add the corn onto the hot grill and cook until softened. This usually takes me anywhere from 8-10 minutes.
If you love corn in the summertime as much as I do, you’ll also love my Grilled Tri-Tip with Charred Corn Salsa!
While your corn is cooking, prep the sauce!
Make the Sauce for Elote Style Chicken Wings
Now, Elote sauce features Primal Kitchen Squeeze Mayonnaise, which makes the perfect base for this creamy, tangy sauce.
To make the sauce, mix together the Primal Kitchen Squeeze Mayonnaise, chopped cilantro, cotija cheese, sour cream, hot sauce, lime juice, and water to thin if needed. Whisk until everything is smooth, then set it aside until you’re ready to serve.
Sauce it Up and Serve!
With everything prepped and ready to go, it’s time to assemble our Elote Style Chicken Wings!
So, add the cooked and rested chicken wings to a large tossing bowl. Drizzle the prepared Elote sauce over the wings, then toss them gently until they’re coated all the way around. We want them nice and saucy all the way around!
Next, before you serve, use a sharp knife to shave the grilled corn off of the cob.
Transfer the wings to your favorite serving dish, then garnish as desired. I love to top them off with a sprinkle of cotija cheese, more chopped cilantro, the cooked corn, an extra sprinkle of chile con limon seasoning, and lime wedges.
Now dig in, because you’ve got a lot of wings to eat! Or I guess you could share them too…
Elote Style Chicken Wings
- 30-40 Chicken Wings cut into flats & drums
- Canola Oil as needed
- Chile Con Limon Seasoning
- Chopped Cilantro for garnish
- Crumbled Cotija Cheese for garnish
- 3 medium Limes juiced
- 2.5 tbsp Chopped Cilantro
- 2 tbsp Kosher Salt
- 1.5 tbsp Black Pepper
- 1.5 tbsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tbsp Ground Cumin
- 1 tbsp White Sugar
- 2 tsp Cayenne Powder
- 2.5 tbsp Primal Kitchen Squeeze Mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp Chopped Cilantro
- 2 tbsp Cotija Cheese crumbled
- 1.5 tbsp Sour Cream
- 1 tsp Hot Sauce
- 2 medium Limes juiced
- Water as needed
- 3-4 Corn on the Cob
- 1 tbsp Kosher Salt
- 1 tbsp Black Pepper
- 1 tbsp Garlic Powder
- Canola Oil as needed
- In a large food safe bowl, add all the ingredients for the chicken wings and the seasoning and mix thoroughly. Cover and place in the fridge for 2-4 hours.
- Preheat your grill to medium-high temperature (about 350F) for direct cooking
- Add the chicken wings to the grill and cook for about 8-10 minutes per side or until they are 175F internal. When the chicken wings are done, pull them off and let them rest for 10 minutes. While the wings rest, lather your corn with oil and season with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Add to the grill and cook until softened (about 8-10 minutes). Once done pull off, slice off the cob and set to the side.
- In another bowl, mix together all the ingredients for the Elote Sauce, including the Primal Kitchen Squeeze Mayonnaise, and set to the side.
- Add your chicken wings to a large tossing bowl and drizzle the Elote Sauce over the top. Toss them until well coated then place on a serving dish.
- Garnish your wings with crumbled cotija cheese, chopped cilantro, cooked corn, chile con limon seasoning and lime wedges. Serve and enjoy!