Coming back at you with another pulled pork recipe! Remember that Pulled Pork BBQ Nacho Table Recipe I recently posted? Well, turns out two pork shoulders result in a lot of pulled pork! Today, I’m repurposing that pork with a Loaded Pulled Pork Quesadillas recipe! All you quesadilla lover’s aren’t going to want to miss this.
Sponsored by the National Pork Board
The Secret Sauce
The key ingredient to these quesadillas (aside from delicious, tender and juicy pulled pork) is my homemade jalapeño lime sour cream! It’s extremely easy to put together and involves a lot of ingredients you likely already have. All I did was throw some pickled jalapeños (with juice), cilantro, lime juice, green onion, salt and sour cream into a blender. Blend them all together until smooth and pour into a squeeze bottle. Set this in the fridge for later.
Another secret key to this recipe is… bacon fat. I threw a couple tablespoons of bacon fat on the grill once it was fired up. The bacon fat takes the place of any other oil I would’ve used before placing the pulled pork on the grill. The bacon fat melts and not only prevents the pork from sticking to the grill, but also enhances the flavor of the pork. Overall a win, win.
Load Up that Pulled Pork
As you may have already guessed, you’ll start by warming up the pork. After the bacon fat has melted, toss the pork onto the grill. Stir it around a bit and pull from the grill once it’s warm. Next, toss the tortillas onto the grill and cover one half of the tortilla in cheese. Then, add some of the pulled pork onto the tortilla half with that’s covered in cheese. Add chopped red onions and cilantro on top of the pork. Lastly, grab that jalapeño lime sour cream from the fridge and squeeze a zig zag across the pork.
Once you’ve added all your desired ingredients to these quesadillas, flip the empty side of the tortilla onto the side that’s holding all the ingredients. This is what creates the quesadilla shape. Then, flip the quesadillas over and let them cook for a bit on the other side.
Loaded Pulled Pork Quesadillas Served
Pull the quesadillas from the grill a minute or two after flipping them, or until they’ve cooked to your liking. I layered my quesadillas across a serving plate in a fanned shaped fashion. I also poured the remaining jalapeño lime sour cream into a dipping bowl. Then I placed the dipping bowl on the plate with the quesadillas and filled the plate out with a couple lime wedges. Best enjoyed with friends and family. Cheers!
Loaded Pulled Pork Quesadillas
- 2 cups Pulled Pork
- 1.5 tbsp Bacon Fat
- 5 Taco Sized Tortillas
- 2 cups Jack Cheese grated
- 1/2 cup Red Onions diced
- 1/4 cup Cilantro chopped
Jalapeno Lime Sour Cream:
- 1/4 cup Sour Cream
- 1 tbsp Pickled Jalapenos
- 1/5 tbsp Pickled Jalapenos Juice
- 1/5 tbsp Cilantro
- 1 Lime juiced
- Preheat your fire to medium high heat (around 375F). Add a skillet/plancha 1 minute before cooking.
- In a blender, add all the ingredients for the Jalapeno Lime Sour Cream. Blend until smooth.
- Add some bacon fat or oil to the skillet and let melt. Add the pulled pork and let crisp up for 2-3 minutes. Once done, pull the pork off.
- Clean off the skillet and add a few tortillas to the skillet. Fill one half of the tortillas with a handful of jack cheese, crispy pulled pork, chopped red onions, cilantro and some Jalapeno Lime Sour Cream. Fold the empty side of the tortilla over onto the full side and then flip the quesadillas over. Cook for another 30-45 seconds until all the cheese has melted, then pull off and let rest. Repeat this step for as many quesadillas as you want!
- Serve your quesadillas with a side of the Jalapeno Lime Sour Cream and enjoy!