While RVing in the Pacific Northwest, I was having a massive craving for chicken legs. Normally people cook chicken wings with buffalo sauce, but I love having them with legs because they are meatier. Thus, the Chipotle Garlic Buffalo Chicken Legs recipe was born!
Sponsored by GoRVing
How to Cool Down the Chipotle Garlic Buffalo Chicken Legs
Now, you are probably thinking that chipotle and buffalo will be too hot together for the average person. You would be correct actually; however, what about if you made a campfire bleu cheese dipping sauce with these Chipotle Garlic Buffalo Chicken Legs? That would be legit and quench the fire from my Chipotle Garlic Rub and the homemade buffalo sauce.
But how do we make all of these sauces? Well the sauces are both the hardest & easiest part. Preheating the cast irons are essential to making the buffalo and bleu cheese sauce. Melting that butter will help season the skillet while you will add cream to both skillets. Lastly, you are simply melting bleu cheese in one and adding honey & buffalo sauce to the other. These are great additions to the buffalo chicken legs because they really heat up & cool down the flavor.
How to cook the wings
Make these chicken legs over the fire using my Chipotle Garlic Rub first while simultaneously making some campfire buffalo sauce and bleu cheese dipping sauce. Grill the chicken till 165 internal, and then coat them in the buffalo sauce. Grill again for a sear and dip in the bleu cheese sauce. Whether you are RVing or just exploring, this is a great meal for the whole family around the campfire wherever your adventure takes you.
Delicious Chipotle Garlic Buffalo Chicken Legs are the perfect recipe to make around any campfire whether hiking or RVing. Try them ASAP!
- 10-12 Chicken Legs
- 1 tbsp of Vegetable Oil
- 3 tbsp of Derek Wolf’s Chipotle Garlic Rub
- 4 tbsp of Butter split into two 2 tbsp
- 1/2 cup of Heavy Cream
- 1/2 cup of Buffalo Sauce
- 1 tbsp of Honey
- 2 tbsp of Butter
- 1/2 cup of Heavy Cream
- 1/2 cup of Bleu Cheese Crumbles
- Using a fire starter and some local wood, start your fire. Make fire a medium heat. Place your grill directly over fire and preheat 2 skillets.
In a pan, add your chicken legs with some oil and Chipotle Garlic Rub. Mix thoroughly and set aside.
- In your first skillet, add 2 tbsp of butter, 1/2 cup of heavy cream, buffalo sauce and honey. Stir frequently over medium to low heat fire for 3-4 minutes. Then set aside.
- While cooking the buffalo sauce, add to other skillet 2 tbsp of butter, 1/2 cup of heavy cream, and all the bleu cheese crumbles. Cook over medium-low fire stirring frequently for 8-10 minutes until cheese is fully melted, then pull off and set aside to cool.
- While both sauces are cooking, add chicken wings too grill and cook for about 8 minutes per side or until they reach 165F internal. Pull off the grill and set in pan. Add buffalo sauce over chicken and mix thoroughly. Add chicken back to grill to sear for only 1 minute per side. Pull off when done.
- In a bowl, add the bleu cheese dipping sauce. Dip chicken in sauce and enjoy!
Equipment: 2 Cast Iron Skillets
This article does contain affiliate links to products that we personally use and support. Purchasing an affiliate product does make us a small commission at no cost to you. This helps us continue creating for our website. All words and opinions are our own, and we appreciate your support!