Had a snow day here in Nashville! This doesn’t happen often for us, so I was stoked to get outside and cook in the snow. Here is the Chipotle Garlic Butter Shrimp recipe I whipped up for the day. It’s simple to prepare, but packed with flavor! Couldn’t ask for a better day around the fire.
Chipotle Garlic to Keep you Warm
I started this recipe with some of my Chipotle Garlic seasoning. It’s the first seasoning I created with Spiceology and I still catch myself running back for more! Although I wouldn’t consider this a spicy seasoning, it does bring a bit of heat that all can enjoy. It’s my idea of a perfect flavoring on a cold day.
I started by covering the shrimp with the Chipotle Garlic seasoning in a large mixing bowl. I mixed it by hand because sometimes things are just easier with a hand instead of a spoon. Then I squeezed some lemon juice on top, did a little more mixing and set it aside. Time to prepare our butter sauce.
Butter + Shrimp = Butter Shrimp
Butter and seafood. Is it possible to have them apart? Yes, but why would we do that when they’re so good together?! I’m a firm believer in a flavored butter sauce when it comes to seafood. It’s always possible to season the meat, but we all know we’re going to dunk it into the butter sauce. For this reason, I think it’s super fun to make that butter sauce something to talk about!
Nothing makes a statement in a butter sauce quite like fresh herbs. They bring so much flavor and texture to the party. For my Chipotle Garlic Butter Shrimp I used parsley, oregano and basil! Three times the herbs is three times the flavor. Another game changer for my butter sauce are the red chili flakes, just for a bit of spice. One more plus with using these ingredients are the variety in color they bring to the sauce. We eat with our eyes first, so the yellow, red and green all come together to form a super inviting sauce. The shrimp are basically begging for a swim in it.
Loving these chipotle butter shrimp? Try my steak and shrimp with garlic butter too!
Chipotle Garlic Butter Shrimp Serve Up
Best part about this recipe is that once the shrimp are seasoned and all the ingredients for the butter sauce are mixed, we simply just combine the two. Start with the butter (and all other butter ingredients) in a sauce bowl. Place that by the fire to melt together. Then add all the shrimp to the grill. I let the shrimp cook on one side for a minute or two, and then flipped them.
After the shrimp are flipped and basically done cooking on the other side, add the melted and mixed butter. Lastly, let the shrimp cook in the butter sauce for a bit, and then it’s time to eat! I ate the Chipotle Garlic Butter Shrimp directly from the skillet, but you can plate them up if you’d like. Best enjoyed with friends and family, cheers!
Chipotle Garlic Butter Shrimp
- 2 lbs of Shrimp peeled, deveined and no tail
- 1.5 tbsp of Chipotle Garlic Seasoning
- 1/2 of a Lemon juiced
- 1.5 tbsp of Canola Oil
- 3 tbsp of Butter
- 12 tbsp of White Wine
- 6 Garlic Cloves minced
- 1.5 tbsp of Parsley chopped
- 1.5 tsp of Oregano chopped
- 1.5 tsp of Basil chopped
- 1 Lemon juiced
- Chopped Parsley
- Lemon Wedges
- Preheat your fire to a high heat (400F). Add a cast iron skillet over the heat 1 minute before cooking with some canola oil.
- In a bowl, mix your shrimp with the Chipotle Garlic Seasoning and lemon juice. Add the shrimp to the skillet and cook for about 2 minutes per side. As the shrimp simmer, add another skillet to the fire with all the ingredients for the Herb Butter. Mix together until fully melted (about 2 minutes).
- Once the shrimp are close to being done, pour the butter mixture over top and mix with the shrimp.
- Pull the shrimp off to cool for 1 minute. Garnish with chopped parsley and lemons. Enjoy!