As fall is upon us, I know my family is gearing up for tailgates, college football and the hope of going to the National Championship. While the championship might be a little ways away, you can easily make a champions meal with this Eckrich Smoked Sausage Chimichurri Sandwich.
Sponsored by Eckrich
Why the Smoked Sausage Chimichurri Sandwich?
Eckrich Smoked Sausage has been a staple piece in my family for a while. We love grilling up their sausage, using it in gumbo or putting it in chili. But, what about when you are tailgating? Honestly, what about when you just want to relax and watch the football game at home?
Win the Tailgate!
The Eckrich Smoked Sausage Chimichurri Sandwich is the answer to both of those scenarios! This recipe is easy to make while tailgating because it does not require many ingredients & can feed the whole party. This sandwich uses simple ingredients that help to quicken the process of cooking. After you slice into the sausage and place it in your cast iron pan or plancha, you can quickly grill up the cheesy onions and you are done. Pre-make a big batch of chimichurri and chipotle mayonnaise at home so that you can keep the grill going and the sandwiches coming. Easy to feed the whole family plus all their friends before the game.
And what if you just want to stay home and enjoy the game? This sandwich has you covered. I actually made this sandwich for kickoff weekend with my wife! With this recipe being a quick cook and easy to pre-prep, I was done cooking in 30 minutes. That left me plenty of time to eat and be ready for kickoff.
As the Official Smoked Sausage and Deli Meat of the College Football Playoff, Eckrich is excited to bring back their popular “Road to the National Championship” sweepstakes. Fans around the country will have the chance to make a 15-yard throw for $1MM during some of the biggest college football games of the season, including the 2019 College Football Playoff National Championship. Visit www.EckrichFootball.com for details and to enter for a chance to win!
In the end, this is an easy recipe to go with any football experience. So grab yourself some Eckrich Original Skinless Smoked Sausage Rope and get to cookin’!
To be the MVP of your next tailgate or homegate, visit www.Eckrich.com for recipe inspiration, product information, and where to buy.
Smoked Sausage Chimichurri Sandwich
Smoked Sausage Sandwich Ingredients:
- 1 Eckrich Original Skinless Smoked Sausage Rope cut in half & flayed open
- 2 cups of Onions sliced
- 2 tbsp of Butter unsalted
- 1 tbsp of Brown Sugar
- 3 slices of Provolone Cheese
- French Baguette cut into 6 inch segments & cut in half
- 1/2 cup Parsley chopped
- 3 cloves of Garlic pressed
- 3/4 cup Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 tsp of Red Pepper Flakes
- Salt & Pepper to taste
(Optional) Chipotle Mayo Ingredients:
- Chipotle in Adobo Sauce stemmed & pureed
- ½ cup of Mayonnaise
- Preheat your fire to a medium-high heat. Add your cast iron pan or plancha over the fire 1-2 minutes before cooking. Add your onions with oil to the skillet and cook for 3-4 minutes or until soft.
- Add your Eckrich Original Skinless Smoked Sausage Rope to the skillet and cook for 4 minutes per side. Put butter and brown sugar into your onions and let caramelize. Top with provolone cheese once caramelized.
- Pull off your onions with cheese & smoked sausage. Grill your baguette segments in the plancha for 2-3 minutes.
- Combine all your chimichurri ingredients and chipotle mayonnaise ingredients. Build your sandwich by lathering the inside of the baguette with chipotle mayonnaise then onions with cheese, Eckrich smoked sausage and chimichurri. Enjoy!
This article does contain affiliate links to products that we personally use and support. Purchasing an affiliate product does make us a small commission at no cost to you. This helps us continue creating for our website. All words and opinions are our own, and we appreciate your support!
You should do videos I can’t read all that but looks good
Made this today and it was a huge hit!! It was very easy to make and didn’t take a whole lot of time.
Definitely a keeper!