After being inspired by Jorts Kitchen, I had to take a stab at making the infamous Salmon-Wrapped Shrimp! I leveled it up with my Spiceology Smoked Garlic Jalapeño Lager and then served it with some Bang Bang Sauce that included my RED Hot Sauce from Fyr Starter.
This is one of my favorite seafood recipes to impress friends and family, and it would be perfect for special occasions too. Double the fish means maximum flavor! With only 45 minutes of prep and 15 minutes of cook time, you’ll be ready to serve up to six people.
Table of Contents
- Why You’ll Love this Shrimp and Salmon Recipe
- Bang Bang Salmon Wrapped Shrimp Ingredients
- On the Hunt for More Shrimp:
- How to Make Bang Bang Salmon Wrapped Shrimp
- Tips and Tricks
- How to Store Leftovers and Reheat
- What to Serve with Bang Bang Salmon Wrapped Shrimp
- Recipe FAQ’s
- Flavor X Fire & FOOD X Fire
- Salmon Wrapped Shrimp Recipe
Why You’ll Love this Shrimp and Salmon Recipe
If you have seafood cravings, then Bang Bang Salmon-Wrapped Shrimp is perfect for you. It is an epic dish filled with flavor and also some flare! Plus if you’ve been itching to try my Smoked Garlic Jalapeño Lager Rub and the RED Hot Sauce from Fyr Starter, you’re in the right place.
Bang Bang Salmon Wrapped Shrimp Ingredients
To make your salmon-wrapped shrimp, you’ll start out with some wild salmon fillets, colossal shrimp, Smoked Garlic Jalapeño Lager Rub, chopped scallions, sesame seeds, and red chili pepper flakes.
Then, you’ll make your own Bang Bang Sauce out of mayonnaise, sweet chili sauce, RED hot sauce, rice wine vinegar, and honey. Let’s talk about how to make this finger-licking meal!
How to Make Bang Bang Salmon Wrapped Shrimp
To prepare your salmon for wrapping around the shrimp, begin by very carefully slicing each salmon filet lengthwise into thin strips with a sharp knife.
Next, take your colossal shrimp and wrap each with a thin slice of salmon. Place all of your salmon-wrapped shrimp on a well greased wire rack, then season them generously with my Smoked Garlic Jalapeno Lager Rub. Set in the fridge until you’re ready to cook!
Next, in a bowl, mix together all the ingredients for the bang bang sauce. Store the sauce in the fridge until you need it.
To start the cooking process, preheat your smoke to medium heat, for 200F indirect cooking. Add some wood chips or wood chunks if desired.
Then, add the salmon wrapped shrimp to the smoker to cook for 25-30 minutes or until 145F internal. In the last 2 minutes, glaze the shrimp with some of the bang bang sauce and then finish smoking. Once the shrimp is cooked, pull off and let cool on a baking sheet for 2-3 minutes.
Finally, garnish the salmon wrapped shrimp with sesame seeds and chopped scallions. Serve with more bang bang sauce topped with chopped green onion and red pepper flakes on the side.
Tips and Tricks
For the best results, make sure the salmon is very cold before slicing it. This will help to make better salmon slices, because warm salmon can be more difficult to cut.
Keep in mind, the shrimp needs to be cooked on low heat in order to not overcook the salmon. You’ll also want to grease the wire rack before cooking so that they don’t stick to it come serving time.
If you’d like to enjoy some extra flavor, squeeze some lemon juice or lime juice on top of the cooked shrimp once it’s complete.
How to Store Leftovers and Reheat
Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. Reheat slowly in the oven for maximum freshness.
What to Serve with Bang Bang Salmon Wrapped Shrimp
This meal can go alongside a variety of dishes and sides. It can be a great companion to a large chef salad, maple bacon brussels sprouts, a fresh mango salsa, or some cooked rice.
If you don’t have my delicious sauces and seasonings yet, you can use ingredients you already have at home.
Cajun seasoning, garlic powder, black pepper, and Old Bay seasoning are all great options you could include. You can also substitute a different hot sauce while making your Bang Bang Sauce.
Yes, you can transform this delicious recipe into fish and shrimp tacos. Toast some flour or corn tortillas, fill them with your salmon-wrapped shrimp, then cover in the juicy Bang Bang Sauce and scallions and serve.
Check out our recipe for Shrimp “Al Pastor” Tacos if you’d like a recipe that was created with tacos in mind!
If you are going for a tropical theme, serve this recipe in a pineapple bowl! Check out our Pineapple Sriracha Shrimp Bowls for more details on how to pull it off.
Get The Cookbooks!
Flavor X Fire & FOOD X Fire
All the major tastes—salty, sour, sweet, bitter, and umami—are explored in-depth, along with an investigation of other competent you should consider when it comes to flavors, such as aroma, heat, and texture.
Salmon Wrapped Shrimp
Shrimp + Salmon:
- 4 oz of Salmon in filets
- 2 lbs of Colossal Shrimp peeled & deveined
- 1.5 tbsp Smoked Garlic Jalapeno Lager Rub
- Chopped Scallions for garnish
- Sesame Seeds for garnish
- Chili Flakes for garnish
Bang Bang Sauce:
- 1 cup Mayonnaise
- 1.75 tbsp Sweet Chili Sauce
- 1.25 tbsp RED Hot Sauce
- 1 tbsp Rice Wine Vinegar
- ½ tbsp Honey
- Begin by very carefully slicing your salmon lengthwise into thin strips. Tip: get the salmon very cold before slicing as it will help to make better strips.
- Take your colossal shrimp and wrap each with a thin slice of salmon.
- Place on a well greased wire rack, then season generously with my Smoked Garlic Jalapeno Lager rub.
- Set in the fridge until ready to cook.
- In a bowl, mix together all the ingredients for the bang bang sauce and set in the fridge until ready.
- Preheat your smoke for 200F indirect cooking. Add some wood chips or wood chunks if desired.
- Add the salmon wrapped shrimp to the smoker to cook for 25-30 minutes or until 145F internal.
- In the last 2 minutes, glaze the shrimp with some of the bang bang sauce and then keep smoking.
- Once the shrimp are done, pull off and let cool for 2-3 minutes.
- Garnish the salmon wrapped shrimp with sesame seeds and chopped scallions.
- Serve with more bang bang sauce topped with scallions and red chili flakes on the side. Enjoy!