For this Tequila Shrimp recipe, I tested out the brand new Breeo Sear Disc on the Y series, making these super easy and quick Honey Tequila Lime Shrimp right on the skillet! All you have to do to recreate this recipe is to make the homemade tequila lime sauce and sear off the shrimp, then top the shrimp with the sauce, and you’ll be ready to go!
POST SPONSORED BY BREEO.
Table of Contents
WHY YOU’LL LOVE HONEY TEQUILA LIME SHRIMP
This is a super quick and simple recipe. The butter sauce takes about 15 minutes, and the jumbo shrimp only takes 2-3 minutes to cook on my Breeo Sear Disc.
If you love margaritas and Mexican food, then this tequila lime shrimp recipe will be one of your new favorite meals! Margarita shrimp is one of the best Mexican recipes for tequila lovers. It’s an easy way to bring that vacation feeling home with you, just like our Spicy Tequila Lime Shrimp Skewers Story and Pineapple Sriracha Shrimp Bowls! So let’s get to cooking!
- Large Shrimp
- Kosher Salt
- Black Pepper
- Garlic Powder: Infuses the shrimp with a savory, garlicky goodness, enhancing the overall taste profile.
- Canola Oil: Used for cooking the shrimp, it ensures a smooth and evenly cooked texture while preventing sticking.
HONEY TEQUILA LIME BUTTER:
- Clarified Butter: Adds richness and a velvety texture to the sauce, furthermore creating a luscious coating for the shrimp.
- Minced Garlic: Intensifies the garlic flavor in the butter sauce, contributing aromatic and savory notes.
- Tequila Blanco: Brings a unique depth of flavor, adding a hint of sweetness and a subtle alcoholic undertone.
- Fresh Lime Juice: Provides a zesty and citrusy kick, brightening up the dish and also complementing the richness of the butter.
- Local Honey: Balances the flavors by adding a touch of sweetness to the sauce, harmonizing with the other ingredients.
- Red Chili Flakes: Offers a spicy element, elevating the overall taste and providing a hint of heat.
- Sliced Jalapeños: Enhances the dish with a fresh, crisp texture and an additional layer of heat.
- Fresh Cilantro: Adds a burst of freshness and a pop of color, complementing the dish with its bright and herbaceous notes.
If you like, you can turn this great recipe into tequila lime shrimp tacos, SHRIMP “AL PASTOR” TACOS, or GRILLED SHRIMP TACOS using some warm tortillas, sour cream, red onion, avocado slices, or anything else you want to add.
You could also modify the shrimp into SPICY TEQUILA LIME SHRIMP SKEWERS or a shrimp salad. Use your creativity, and the world is your oyster!
HOW TO MAKE HONEY TEQUILA LIME SHRIMP
To make your own cilantro lime shrimp with tequila, add your fresh shrimp to a large bowl along with some oil. Then, season the shrimp meat thoroughly with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Set in the fridge until ready to use.
Start by patting your shrimp dry with paper towels to remove excess moisture because this will help them achieve a better crust.
Also, don’t forget to preheat your Breeo Y Series to medium heat (about 350F).
THE HONEY TEQUILA LIME BUTTER SAUCE
Add a small skillet to the lip of the grill, and then melt your clarified butter. Next, add your minced garlic and let simmer for 2-3 minutes. At this point, you can also add your lime juice and tequila (carefully).
Let the sauce simmer for 4-5 more minutes, and finally add your honey. Bring to a rolling simmer with bubbles appearing on the surface. Simmer for 3-4 more minutes until slightly thickened, then pull off and cool.
Add your Breeo Sear Disc to the grill and bring up to medium-high heat. Add a little oil, then add your shrimp. Let shrimp cook for 1-1.5 minutes per side.
After you flip the shrimp for the first time, top with half of your Honey Tequila Lime Butter. Then, let the shrimp finish cooking. Pull off to a room temperature surface and let cool for 2 minutes.
Garnish the shrimp with red pepper flakes, sliced jalapenos, chopped cilantro, and the rest of the amazing sauce.
How to Store Leftovers & Reheat
Store leftover shrimp in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days. You can also freeze for up to 3 months.
To reheat, make sure your shrimp is at room temperature. Then, reheat using a large skillet and heat up the shrimp until warm.
Alternatively, you can pop your shrimp in the microwave and heat it in 30-second intervals until warm.
What to serve with Tequila Lime Shrimp
You can serve this simple dinner over a bed of rice, alongside flour or corn tortillas, or as a salad!
Although we prefer fresh raw shrimp, you can always use frozen if you prefer. Just make sure to thoroughly thaw it first before starting the cooking process.
Yes! Feel free to use any kind of cheap tequila you like!
Yes! If you have a simple shrimp marinade you like to use, go for it! Just make sure the flavors don’t clash with the honey tequila lime!
Get stoked for life
This sauce is FYR!
Born from a deep passion for food and flavor. Whether you’re grilling in the backyard or live fire cooking around the world, we have what you need to transform every meal into an adventure.
Honey Tequila Lime Shrimp
- 2 lbs Large Shrimp
- ½ tbsp Kosher Salt to taste
- ½ tbsp Black Pepper to taste
- ½ tbsp Garlic Powder to taste
- Canola Oil as needed
Honey Tequila Lime Butter:
- 4 tbsp Clarified Butter
- 2.5 tbsp Minced Garlic
- ¼ cup Tequila Blanco
- 2 medium Limes juiced
- 1 tbsp Local Honey
- Red Chili Flakes
- Sliced Jalapeños
- Chopped Cilantro
- Add your shrimp to a bowl along with some oil. Season thoroughly with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Set in the fridge until ready to use.
- Preheat your Breeo Y Series to medium high heat (about 350F).
- Add a small skillet to the lip of the grill and melt your clarified butter.
- Next, add your minced garlic and let simmer for 2-3 minutes until browned.
- Then, add your lime juice and tequila (carefully). Let the sauce simmer for 2 more minutes to dissolve the alcohol, and finally add your honey.
- Bring to a rolling simmer with bubbles appearing on the surface. Simmer for 2-3 more minutes until slightly thickened, then pull off and cool.
- Add your Breeo Sear Plate to the grill and bring up to high heat.
- Add a little oil, then add your shrimp to cook for 1-1.5 minutes per side.
- After you flip the shrimp the first time, top with half of your Honey Tequila Lime Butter and let finish cooking.
- Pull off and let cool for 2 minutes.
- Garnish the shrimp with red chili flakes, sliced jalapenos, chopped cilantro and the rest of the butter sauce. Enjoy!