The classic Steak and Lobster recipe marries two of my favorites: a succulent ribeye steak with a rich, buttery lobster. For Valentine’s Day, consider trying an alternate cooking method for your steak and lobster dinner: the new Breeo Pizza Oven.
Cooking steak always takes some skill, but the innovative Breeo Pizza Oven makes it as straightforward as possible. This recipe proves this state-of-the-art outdoor oven is not just for pizzas. Its even-heat distribution abilities make it an ideal companion for grilling, roasting, and baking a variety of dishes.
Table of Contents
- Why You’ll Love Steak and Lobster in a Pizza Oven
- Ingredients for the Best Surf & Turf Dinner
- The Secret to Perfect Steak
- How to Make Steak and Lobster in a Pizza Oven
- Steak Prep
- Lobster Tail Cooking Instructions
- Breeo Pizza Oven & Skillet Prep
- Cooking Steak and Lobster
- Finishing the Surf & Turf Meal
- What to Serve with Steak and Lobster?
- This sauce is FYR!
- Leftovers & Reheating
- For More Steak and Lobster
- Flavor X Fire & FOOD X Fire
- Steak and Lobster in a Pizza Oven Recipe
Why You’ll Love Steak and Lobster in a Pizza Oven
For your next romantic dinner or other special occasion, the Breeo Pizza Oven is your outdoor cooking ally. You’ll easily impress your person with this epic surf and turf recipe without spending three hours in the kitchen. On your date night, you’ll be thanking the Breeo for making you shine!
Ingredients for the Best Surf & Turf Dinner
- Steak – Ribeye is the perfect steak for this recipe because of it’s tender bite and throughout marbleing. First, we’ll cover it in beef tallow and then season it with my favorite trio: kosher salt, black pepper, and garlic powder. Smashed garlic cloves and rosemary finish off the flavor party since we’ll use them to baste the steak before serving.
- Lobster Tails – Butterflied lobster is seasoned simply with a coating of canola oil and some of your favorite seafood seasoning.
- Garlic Parmesan Crust – Parmesan cheese, crunchy panko, chopped parsley, garlic, salt, and olive oil crown the baked lobster.
Add flavor to everything you’re cooking
shop over the fire spice lines
From the first time you fire up the Breeo pizza oven, you’ll realize how easy it is to achieve outdoor cooking perfection. However, remember to keep a steady focus while you engage with the high heat of any pizza oven because these ovens get hot. We don’t want to hear of any ER visits, especially on Valentine’s Day!
If you love the Surf and Turf combo, check out these recipes: Grilled Surf and Turf, Surf and Turf Smashburger Tacos, Grilled Steak with Lobster Mac and Cheese, Chili Butter Steak and Shrimp, and Wood Plank Surf and Turf Recipe.
The Secret to Perfect Steak
Allowing red meat to come to room temperature before cooking is the secret to even cooking in less time. It also ensures a nicer, more even crust on the steak.
As a general guideline, you can let the steaks sit at room temperature for approximately 30 minutes to an hour before cooking. If you forget and your steaks are cold when they hit the heat, keep in mind, that they may take longer to cook.
A meat thermometer is the best way to know if your steaks are done.
How to Make Steak and Lobster in a Pizza Oven
Start by preparing your cut of beef: generously slather the steak in beef tallow. If you’re familiar with my recipes, then you know how much I like to season steaks with my signature mixture of salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
Lobster Tail Cooking Instructions
For the lobster tails, split them in the middle of the top of the shell, allowing them to lay flat, and coat them with oil. Apply a generous amount of your favorite seafood rub, and place them in a skillet with a base of rock salt.
In a small bowl, create the Garlic Parmesan Crust by combining all the ingredients.
Breeo Pizza Oven & Skillet Prep
Meanwhile, preheat your Breeo Pizza Oven to 400 degrees F, and heat a cast iron skillet within it for 3-4 minutes. This oven gets super hot, so much so that we actually had to remove some wood from the fire.
The pizza oven itself has a thermometer for the oven, so it’s really easy to know what temperature your oven is at, how it’s changing, and if you need to do anything to increase or decrease it’s temperature. Breeo knows how to make a good product and never fail to impress.
Cooking Steak and Lobster
Place steak in the skillet with the beef tallow. Return the skillet to the pizza oven, pulling it out and flipping every 2-3 minutes until it reaches an internal temperature of 120 degrees F (approximately 10-12 minutes).
Just before the steak with the perfect sear is ready to pull from the heat, add some smashed garlic, rosemary, and additional beef tallow to the skillet.
Baste the steak every few minutes in this aromatic fat, then remove and let the meat rest for 10 minutes on a baking sheet or, better yet, a cutting board.
Finishing the Surf & Turf Meal
Next, place the lobster tails in the skillet and bake them for 4-5 minutes in the pizza oven. Once the shells start transitioning from brown to red and the meat turns white, pull them out and cover them with the Garlic Parmesan Crust. Return them to the Breeo Pizza Oven and cook until golden brown (about 3-4 minutes) before removing.
Finally, with a sharp knife, slice into the steak and serve it alongside the crusted lobster.
Since it’s a special occasion, make sure to break out the nice plates and cloth napkins. And, set each place with a proper steak knife for a frustration-free meal.
What to Serve with Steak and Lobster?
Steak and lobster is a rich and satisfying meal on its own. With a glass of wine, it’s perfection. However, feel free to provide some garlic butter for dipping and maybe kick up the heat with a few drops of my FYR Red Hot Sauce. And don’t forget the lemon wedges.
If you want some greenery with your meal, try making some garlicky green beans sautéed in the skillet with some more of that spicy, citrusy sauce.
Get stoked for life
This sauce is FYR!
Born from a deep passion for food and flavor. Whether you’re grilling in the backyard or live fire cooking around the world, we have what you need to transform every meal into an adventure.
Leftovers & Reheating
Allow any leftover steak to cool to room temperature before wrapping tightly in aluminum foil. Store in an airtight container inside the fridge for 3-4 days.
Any leftover lobster should be removed from the shell and stored in an airtight container in the fridge for no more than 2 days.
To reheat, place the sliced steak and lobster in an aluminum boat and warm through on the grill for about 10 minutes.
Of course, you can always experiment with different cuts of beef. Wagyu steak or filet mignon steaks anyone?
Of course! Fresh thyme or marjoram would be equally amazing. Just about anything Mediterranean herb tastes good with smashed garlic in my opinion.
It varies, so make sure to ask your fishmonger. For a behind-the-scenes look at how Maine lobsters are sustained by local fishermen, check out Jacob Knowles YouTube channel.
Get The Cookbooks!
Flavor X Fire & FOOD X Fire
All the major tastes—salty, sour, sweet, bitter, and umami—are explored in depth, along with an investigation of other components you should consider when it comes to flavor, such as aroma, heat, and texture.
Steak and Lobster in a Pizza Oven
- 1 Large Ribeye Steak
- 1 tbsp Kosher Salt
- 1 tbsp Black Pepper
- 1 tbsp Garlic Powder
- 2-3 Smashed Garlic
- 2-3 Rosemary Sprigs
- Beef Tallow as needed
- 3-4 Whole Lobster Tails butterflied
- 2 tbsp Favorite Seafood Seasoning
- Canola Oil as needed
- Rock Salt for serving
- Lemons for serving
Garlic Parmesan Crust:
- ¼ cup Grated Parmesan
- 2.5 tbsp Panko Crumbs
- 2.5 tbsp Chopped Parsley
- 1 tbsp Minced Garlic
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- Olive Oil as needed
- Slather your steak in beef tallow then generously season with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Split your lobster tails open so they can lay flat and slather with oil.
- Generously season with your favorite seafood rub and place in a skillet that has a base of rock salt on the bottom.
- In a bowl, mix together all the ingredients for the Garlic Parmesan Crust.
- Preheat your Breeo Pizza Oven to 400 degrees F. Add a skillet to heat up for 3-4 minutes.
- Add some beef tallow to the skillet then add the steak. Add back into the pizza oven and continue pulling out and flipping every 2-3 minutes until the steak reaches 120 degrees F internal (about 10-12 minutes). Right when its about to be done, add your smashed garlic, rosemary and more beef tallow to the skillet, Baste the steak every couple of minutes, then pull off and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Add your skillet with the lobster tails to the pizza oven and bake for 5 minutes.
- When the shell starts turning from brown to red and the meat is turning to white, pull out and cover the meat in the garlic parmesan crust. Add back to the oven to cook until golden brown (about 3-4 minutes).
- Pull out and let cool when done.
- Slice into your steak and serve with the lobster on the side. Enjoy!