Today we’re enjoying another recipe made with some of my new FYR hot sauces! This time we are featuring the BLK Hot Sauce. This is a spicy yet umami punching sauce that really amps up steak, seafood, eggs, burritos, wings, or butter. For this grilled steak and shrimp recipe, we used it as a binder on steak, then mixed it into the butter. The butter really makes the steak pop off the plate and gives it some insane flavors.
This simple steak and spicy shrimp dish is the perfect recipe for date night or, really, any special occasion! It only takes 30 minutes of prep and one hour of cooking to serve up to four people.
Table of Contents
- Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Grilled Steak and Shrimp Ingredients
- How to Make Grilled Steak and Shrimp with BLK Garlic Butter
- For More Shrimp Recipes
- Steak and Shrimp Tips and Tricks
- How to Store Leftovers & Reheat
- What to Serve with Grilled Steak and Shrimp
- Can I Use A Different Type of Steak?
- Where Can I Get BLK Hot Sauce?
- Should I Season Shrimp Before Cooking?
- Flavor X Fire & FOOD X Fire
- Grilled Steak and Shrimp with BLK Garlic Butter Recipe
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Let’s dive into our more unique hot sauce with FYR Starter, the BLK Sauce. Its star ingredients include charred chili peppers, black garlic, and the zesty tang of black lime! It’s the most mild of the three new sauces and will add a smoky yet savory flavor to your dish along with a flare of citrus. It goes perfectly with a variety of proteins, making a great surf and turf sauce.
Grilled Steak and Shrimp Ingredients
You’ll start out with ribeye steak, kosher salt, black pepper, garlic powder, BLK hot sauce, and canola oil.
Next, you’ll cook some deveined jumbo shrimp with BLK garlic butter.
You’ll make the BLK Garlic Butter out of softened butter, BLK hot sauce, black garlic sauce, chopped parsley, lemon juice, red pepper flakes, and kosher salt.
How to Make Grilled Steak and Shrimp with BLK Garlic Butter
Begin by adding all the ingredients for the BLK Garlic Butter to a large bowl and then mixing it all together. Grab plastic wrap or some non-stick wax paper at 1-1.5ft in length. Place all the mixed butter on one side of the paper, then carefully roll it into a “log” shape. Place the butter in the fridge for 2 hours so it can set.
Next, brush steaks with BLK Hot Sauce as a binder and then season with the salt, pepper and garlic powder. Set to the side for a little bit until ready to cook.
Preheat your grill to medium high heat (around 375F) for direct cooking.
Then, place steaks on the grill and cook at medium-high heat, checking with a digital meat thermometer until their internal temperature reaches 120F (around 10-15 minutes per side). When they are done cooking, transfer steaks off the grill, top steaks with a large medallion of the BLK Garlic Butter and let them rest at room temperature for 10 minutes.
Next, add a large cast iron skillet to the grill or at medium heat (around 325F). Then add 2-3 medallions of the BLK Garlic Butter. Once the butter has fully melted in the large skillet, add your shrimp into the skillet and let cook for 1.5 minutes per side. When done, pull the hot skillet off the grill and let the shrimp rest.
Slice into your steaks and serve with your shrimp. Enjoy!
Steak and Shrimp Tips and Tricks
Want to make sure your shrimp is evenly coated in BLK Garlic Butter? Safely pick up the hot skillet and tilt it in circular motions to ensure the butter is all over the skillet before dumping the shrimp in.
The Garlic Butter tastes delicious spread on warm bread, cooked into baked potatoes, or melted onto cooked veggies. So make extra for your sides and you won’t be disappointed!
How to Store Leftovers & Reheat
If you’ve surfed and turfed and still have food left over, store any extras in an airtight container for up to 3 days. Make sure to reheat on the grill, in a skillet, or in the oven to avoid sogginess.
What to Serve with Grilled Steak and Shrimp
This recipe goes great with grilled asparagus, sautéed vegetables, dinner rolls, or a side salad. Bring along your favorite wine and you’ll be ready for a delicious night!
Can I Use A Different Type of Steak?
Feel free to try this surf n turf recipe with your choice of meat, whether it’s a New York Strip steak or a filet mignon. Just make sure to do your research on the amount of time it will take to get the best steak with whatever type you choose.
Where Can I Get BLK Hot Sauce?
This delicious sauce is better than any ole option at your grocery store, and you’ll find yourself adding it to all your favorite recipes! It’s great on this steak and shrimp recipe, but also goes along will with all other proteins and even some carbs (think pizza!). The best way to get your own is to order it online at FYR.com.
Should I Season Shrimp Before Cooking?
Your delicious homemade BLK Garlic Butter is flavorful enough to make your shrimp delicious all on its own. No need to season your shrimp before pan-frying it in the butter!
Get The Cookbooks!
Flavor X Fire & FOOD X Fire
All the major tastes—salty, sour, sweet, bitter, and umami—are explored in-depth, along with an investigation of other competent you should consider when it comes to flavors, such as aroma, heat, and texture.
Grilled Steak and Shrimp with BLK Garlic Butter
- 1 Ribeye Steak
- 1.5 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1.5 tsp Black Pepper
- 1.5 tsp Garlic Powder
- 2 tbsp BLK Hot Sauce
- 1 tbsp Canola Oil
- 6-8 Colossal Shrimp deveined
- BLK Garlic Butter
- BLK Garlic Butter
- 8 oz Softened Butter
- 1.5 tbsp BLK Hot Sauce
- 1.5 tbsp Black Garlic Sauce
- 1.5 tbsp Chopped Parsley
- 1 medium Lemon juiced
- 1 tsp Red Chili Flakes
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- Begin by adding all the ingredients for the BLK Garlic Butter to a bowl and mixing together.
- Grab plastic wrap or some non-stick wax paper at 1-1.5ft in length. Place all the mixed butter on one side of the paper, then carefully roll it into a “log” shape.
- Place the butter in the fridge for 2 hours to set.
- Next, slather your ribeye steak with BLK Hot sauce as a binder and season with the salt, pepper and garlic powder. Set to the side until ready to cook.
- Preheat your grill to medium high heat temperature (around 375F) for direct cooking.
- Add your steaks to the grill and cook until 120F internal (around 10-15 minutes per side).
- When the steaks are done cooking, pull them off, top with a large medallion of the BLK Garlic Butter and let them rest for 10 minutes.
- Next, add a skillet to the grill at a slightly lower temperature (around 325F), and add 2-3 medallions of the BLK Garlic Butter.
- Once the butter has fully melted, add your shrimp into the skillet and let cook for 1.5 minutes per side.
- When done, pull off and let shrimp rest.
- Slice into your steaks and serve with your shrimp. Enjoy!