These Parmesan Crusted Steak Skewers are the best 20-minute meal! Juicy bites of grilled steak are crusted in salty parmesan cheese and served with a side of fresh Tomato Herb Chimichurri.
Steak Prep Time
First thing’s first, preheat your grill to a medium-high heat of around 375ºF for a three-zone cooking method. We want it to be nice and hot by the time you’re ready to grill the Parmesan Crusted Steak Skewers. The hotter the grill, the better the sear!
Next, place the 2-3 sirloin steaks onto a clean cutting board and chop them up into 1.5″ cubes. Be sure the cubes are pretty similar in size so they all cook at the same rate.
Season the cubed steak generously with oil, salt, and pepper, then divide into three even piles. Skewer each pile onto separate steak skewers, then set the soon-to-be Parmesan Crusted Steak Skewers aside until the grill is hot and ready. If it’s already hot, great! You can get grilling.
Tomato Herb Chimichurri for Parmesan Crusted Steak Skewers
If there’s anything that’s going to make these steak skewers even better it’s this Tomato Herb Chimichurri. Seriously. This sauce is fresh, tangy, sweet, and spicy.
Now, you can make this whenever it’s convenient for you. While the grill is heating, while the steak is cooking, while the skewers are resting…it really doesn’t matter.
To make the chimichurri for the Parmesan Crusted Steak Skewers, simply mix together chopped parsley, red wine vinegar, chopped sun dried tomatoes, chopped basil, minced garlic, red chili flakes, and olive oil. Add the olive oil little bits at a time to reach your desired consistency.
And that’s it! Now, onto the grilling.
Grill Your Parmesan Crusted Steak Skewers
So, now we grill. Add the beef skewers onto the hot grill directly in between the two heat sources. Close the lid and cook for 4-5 minutes. Once they are a little bit charred, flip them over and cook for another 2-3 minutes. Remember, they don’t need much time. The steak pieces are small and we don’t want to dry them out.
But wait, one more step! We can’t forget the parmesan crust for Parmesan Crusted Steak Skewers, because it’s too good! Just before the steak is cooked through, pull each skewer off of the grill and cover the outside with parmesan cheese. Add the skewers back onto the grill directly over the heat source and cook until they reach an internal temperature of 120ºF.
To finish, pull the steak skewers off of the grill, let them rest for five minutes, then pull the steak off of the skewers and serve with the prepared Tomato Herb Chimichurri.
Parmesan Crusted Steak Skewers
- 2-3 Sirloin Steaks cubed
- 2 cups Grated Parmesan
- 1.5 tbsp Kosher Salt
- 1.5 tbsp Black Pepper
- 1.5 tbsp Garlic Powder
- Canola Oil as needed
Tomato Herb Chimichurri:
- ½ cup Chopped Parsley
- ⅛ cup Red Wine Vinegar
- 1.5 tbsp Sun Dried Tomatoes chopped
- 1 tbsp Chopped Basil
- 1 tbsp Minced Garlic
- 1 tsp Red Chili Flakes
- Olive Oil to desired consistency
- Preheat your grill to a medium high heat (around 375F) using a three zone cooking method.
- As the grill heats up, cube your sirloin steaks into 1.5” cubes and season with oil, salt and pepper. Divide evenly into three, then skewer onto your large skewers. Set aside until the grill is ready to go.
- In a bowl, mix together all the ingredients for the Tomato Herb Chimichurri.
- Add your beef skewers to the grill in between the two heat sources. Close the lid and let cook for about 4-5 minutes. Flip the skewers over once they are nicely charred and cook for another 2-3 minutes. Right before the steaks are done, pull them off the grill and cover with a dusting of grated parmesan cheese. Place them back over the hottest part of the heat and finish cooking to 120F internal. Once done, pull off and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Pull the steaks off the skewers, slice, serve and enjoy!